Saturday, January 17, 2015

Dress Rehearsal Attendance Policy

Attendance Policy

I really am hoping to see 100% attendance for all three dress rehearsals (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday). That said, I will continue to review excused absences on a case by case basis. However, I want to give you fair warning that for the most part, if you are absent during a dress rehearsal, and I ask an understudy to fill in for you, I'm going to allow the understudy to perform in your place on one of the performance nights. So, if you are absent during one of the dress rehearsals, you may only get to perform five nights instead of six. I feel this is fair because throughout rehearsals, I have had understudies that I feel have put in as much work as the regular cast in attending extra rehearsals and filling in for various parts. These understudies have worked hard, but they are not currently going to get to see any performance time for their efforts. Therefore, if during dress rehearsal an understudy has to fill in for a role, I feel it is fair for the understudy to get some stage time.

No comments:

Post a Comment